Warehouse Associate Level 1- Vaughan
Job Category: Full Time
SUMMARY: Stage, load, and unload finished product. Stock and maintain warehouse inventory. Cleanliness of warehouse and shipping areas. Outdoor maintenance-Lawn cutting, limited snow shoveling and salting.
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Stage finished product for loading including appropriate shipping documents. Nothing leaves the warehouse without a signed Bill of Lading.
- Load finished product onto truck, trailer or delivery vehicle.
- Unload raw materials from truck, trailer or delivery vehicle and prepare appropriate receiving documents.
- Move materials to assigned warehouse or parts storage area.
- When required, responsible for deliveries and pre-delivery inspections.
- Tag any returned or used equipment and record in log book.
- Move waste from warehouse to dumpsters.
- Responsible for quality control. No damaged product is sent out. No damaged material or equipment is accepted in.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Operate forklift, trucks, and vehicles.
- Complete daily logs.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on forklift, truck, and/or vehicles.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Ensure warehouse doors and gates are locked at the end of the day. Turn off lights, turn heaters down at night.
- General outdoor refuse management (i.e. lawn maintenance (cutting) and shoveling walkways and salting driveway and walkways when required.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure forklift maintenance has been performed including regular oil changes.
- Ensure adequate supply of forklift propane is available and secure.
- Assist installers and service technicians in loading and unloading equipment.
- Assembly of equipment as directed.
- Ensure an adequate supply of anchor bolts exist for the next two weeks.
- Monthly inventory counts
- Monthly fire extinguisher review
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery, full range of movement, sitting, standing, walking, climbing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to waist height, 40 pounds over head, walk with 20 pounds.
- Range of Mobility, 80% of the day requires standing and walking split 50/50, 20% is sitting completing paperwork or on the phone, ability to interact professionally with customers
*warehouse associate level 1* in your subject line please