Job Category: Contract
Position Summary: Reporting to the distribution Operation Manager, the material handler performs the physical tasks involved in shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. This position will be in our Mississauga warehouse from now until the end of the year and then this position will move to our Markham location.
- Unload shipments, ensuring accurate quantities are received and record shortages, overages and damages
- Ship outbound orders, maintaining accuracy and productivity standards
- Assist in loading and unloading of all trucks & trailers
- Operate counter balance, reach truck and man-up equipment (certification required)
- Pick and Pack orders as specified by pick labels and packing slips
- Prepare shipping labels and monitor loading of shipments with carrier staff
- Process dealer parts orders through various shipping systems
- Ensure product is staged in a neat, organized manner
- Identify inventory variances, determine issues and implement solutions
- Perform realignment (move/relocation) within the distribution centre to ensure proper positioning base on product demand and size
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the PDC
- Follow and promote all H&S policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of being awesome
- Minimum 3 years experience as a material handler
- Must be able to drive a fork lift/reach truck
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Must be team oriented and customer service focused
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more strenuous physical activities simultaneously, e.g., climbing, walking, carrying heavy and or awkward material or equipment. Work may be performed in confined spaces and or awkward positions.
- Almost constant exposure to factors such as temperature variations/extremes, fumes, moving machinery, humidity, and toxic materials which cause frequent periods of extreme discomfort and or noticeable risk of accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time, where stimuli are changing.
- There is continuous pressure from deadlines, production requirements, accuracy or similar demands. Unpleasant contacts and or concern about unpleasant situations are frequent. Moderate disruption of family social life.
*material handler Mississauga/Markham* in your subject line