Job Category: Full Time
Responsible for all activities, actions and results for a defined geographic area. Consistently increase sales and market share by building relationships in the Territory, and ensure that exceptional customer support is provided.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Frequent travel (by car) in defined Territory. Weekend travel may be required on occasion.
- Phone, email and written contact with distributors, and end-users.
- Personal sales calls on L.D. distributors and end-users customers.
- Set distributor sales goals, attainment criteria, monitor attainment and act, as necessary, on outcome, as approved by supervisor.
- Analyze action plans and utilize sales force automation tools to strengthen sales performance in the Territory.
- Provide product / technical knowledge and competitive products to distributors and end-users.
- Promote new products, programs, leasing, sales tools, markets, etc. to corresponding channels and/or users.
- Conduct sales meetings in the Territory.
- Wherever deficient, seek, establish and develop new distributors, installers and accounts, as approved by supervisor.
- Coordinate trade shows that fall within Territory and implement equipment sales and set-up, work the show and tear-down equipment. Weekend work and travel may be required to facilitate.
- When internal action is required to resolve a challenge, communicate needs to appropriate parties and facilitate resolution.
- Timely communication with supervisor on all events in the market place that could affect the company.
- Assist in communicating and managing credit issues, delinquencies and problem account situations.
- Ethics & Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Insure that all business activities - with both internal and external customers - be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
- Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest, and straight-forward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
- Log and maintain EndUSER contacts weekly.
- Provide training and seminars as required on products and services.
- Teamwork/Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives to help grow Consolidated Lift's business. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
- Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical/analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or create opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
- Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accountability for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects/programs/duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner. Demonstrates a sound balance between quality and quantity of work while maintaining a sense of urgency toward completion. Deadlines are met.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assist customer service with special service issues.
- Personal set up of equipment at trade shows and/or any end-user location.
- Examination of equipment for Customer Service inspections
CONTACTS (Internal and External):
Heavy external contact with school departments, Jobber account customers, end-users, key account personnel and distributors. Internal contact includes Management and Sales Staff.
Education: College degree or equivalent preferred.
Abilities: Must have strong speaking and written communication skills, strong leadership skills and be decisive. Must be computer literate.
Experience: Sales and/or sales management and direct supervisory experience, with industry or related background preferable. Background managing Jobber distribution channel.
Supervision: Works under own initiative with a minimal amount of guidance.
Responsibility: Responsible for the actions and results of distribution agencies within the Territory, all sales goals and the achievement of those goals. Exercises high degree of judgment.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Frequent travel (by car) is required in defined Territory. Weekend travel may be required on occasion.
*territory sales rep-vaughan* in your subject line