Job Category: Full Time
Financial Advisor’s Administrator
The Financial Advisor’s Administrator provides administrative support for Financial Advisors.
- Strong written and verbal communications in English
- Intermediate Computer Knowledge
- Financial Services Experience, an asset
- Professional designations, an asset
The Financial Advisor’s Administrator reports to Sr. Financial Advisor.
The following are principal authorities granted to the Individual Products Admin:
- Exercise the responsibilities and perform the duties of this position. This includes full decision-making authority for all responsibilities and duties within their specific position.
The following are principal duties of the Individual Products Admin:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the procedure manual and other sources
- Contribute to procedure development and editing as required
- Inform Sr. Financial Advisor if a procedure has become out of date
- Ensure that someone else is trained to perform your immediate functions in the event of your absence
- When leaving office, inform reception
- Backup for reception if requested
- Process securities sales
- Perform administrative tasks for new individual business, including ordering and tracking medical requirements and follow up
- Send acknowledgement letter to client
- Set up individual files, and enter in Customer Information for individual life, mutual fund client, individual RRSP’s, individual Health & Dental plans, DI, GRRSP's, DPSP's, RPP's and Travel
- Follow up on policy delivery, collection and submission of outstanding requirements
- Send reinvestment forms to customers per financial advisor's request
- Follow up on new business, completion of medical requirements and forms as required utilizing Task Reminder in Outlook
- List New Business in Excel "New Business/Tracking Commission"
- Prepare correspondence and forms for Individual Investment requests
- Admin functions for group retirement, individual pension plans, Group RRSP & DPSP's
- Track Agent CE credits for Life Licenses
- Preparing Life contracting for insurers
- Send copies of agents' current life licenses, E&O certification to insurance companies, MGAs as required
- Prepare mailing labels for newsletters, calendars, etc.
- Follow policy / procedures for out of office (phone and email)
- Ensure that all governing body guidelines adhered to, especially with respect to privacy.
- Special projects as required.
- Perform administrative tasks related to group and individual conversions
- Book and confirm appointments for Senior Financial Advisor
- Track and Prepare monthly renewal of financial and life products
- Prepare presentations and quotes for Senior Financial Advisor
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
The following will be used to evaluate the performance of the Individual Products Admin:
- Follows procedures to their letter and intent. Contributes to development of procedures when requested.
- Demonstrated team spirit, a willingness to help staff and displayed enjoyment of the job. Complete projects on time, punctual for team meetings.
- All deadlines met with time to spare for development projects
- Accuracy - few changes needed once an item is submitted
- Problems are addressed efficiently when possible or brought to Sr. Financial Advisor quickly
- Written and verbal communications are friendly and effective